Over my 4 years on WordPress I have been nominated a few times for awards. I think I have only participated twice and this time the nomination comes from Mark Anthony
Thank you Mark (shaking your hand) and here is my contribution, suggestions and answers.
Oh to participate you :
Shake the hand of the person who nominated you with gratitude, providing a link to their blog.
Provide answers to the 11 questions they gave you.
List 11 fun facts about yourself.
Provide a list of your own 11 questions.
Nominate 11 other bloggers by providing links to their blogs.
Answers to Mark Anthony’s questions
1. What’s your comfort food and drink? why?
I love my coffee and icecream with cream. I like my coffee weak and milky I am just a sucker for the creaminess of these things and they give me comfort. (Though I only take them in moderation!) Coffee also comforts me as it connects me to my Dutch roots!
2. What’s the last thing you do before going to bed?
Lately the last thing I do is listen to a song I love and gives me a positive vibe on You Tube on my phone before going to sleep.
3. What’s the very first thing you check after waking up in the morning ?
The first thing I check is to see the state of the sky. Is it cloudy or bright.
4. Who’s your favorite and idol in singing and why?
This is a tough one as I love so many singers but I am a huge fan of Seal. I just love his energy and prescence and the heart and depth in some of his lyrics. Touch is one of my all time favourite songs.
5. How does it feel to be nominated in awardings like this?
A bit strange to be totally honest. I tend to fly under the radar rather than seek acclaim for something I do thought I do love to be connected to others which is why I write my blog.
6. What was your biggest regret in life ever?
Not going to the Duntroon military graduation with Steve Boyd the first real love of my life. I met him at a school function when I was going out with someone else and I didnt want to hurt that person’s feelings even though I had a deeper soul to soul connection with Steve. I regret that decision ALOT!!!
7. What’s this thing that can describe you and your life? Yes, it’s thing.
Gosh!!! Heart centred longing but that isnt really a thing its an energy or feeling so I am not sure I have answered this right!
8. Your favorite quote/s?
Be Yourself. Everyone else is taken. Oscar Wilde
To Thine Own Self be True.
God Doesnt Make Mistakes.
9. Forgive and forget or hate and revenge? Where are you?
Well and truely in the middle as somethings are hard to forgive or forget but I do think holding onto hatred and resentment can poison us inside we are better to use that experience to set good boundaries and not make similar mistakes. I’d say I’d prefer to say I am at the stage of letting go.
10. For you in blogging, which is more in important, likes or comments?
Most definately comments
11. What has blogging brought to you?
So, so very much. An added confidence in my writing, a feeling of love and connection with like minded people, support on the dark days I felt suicidal, a feeling of belonging to someone and something. An incomperable forum for self expression.
My 11 fun (or not so fun) facts about me.
- I love singing and dancing. Listening to a good song in a low moment can totally alter my mood or help me to express blocked emotions.
- I feel the cold really badly and when I get too cold I shake.
- I am a terrible skier, I hate snow sports.
- I have been told that I am an excellent cook.
- My favourite country in the world is England
- I am a fairly messy person but the contradiction is that when things get too messy I have an obsession with tidying up.
- I get upset with those who disrespect others.
- When I was a child I used to wet the bed.
- I cannot walk past a homeless person without feeling really sad
- Turqouise is my favourite colour
- I was born on 4 February 1962 under the sign of Aquarius.
My 11 questions
- If you were granted one wish what would it be?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- Have you ever had your heart badly broken? By whom?
- What makes you cry?
- What makes you laugh?
- What person inspires you most on your journey of life and why?
- Who is your favourite author?
- What is your favourite food?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- What is your most treasured possession and why?
- What do you think the most important quality in a person is?
My 11 nominees for the Liebster Award
With love to everyone and in appreciation of such a marvellous community.